The Gospel: God's Plan For Me
The word "gospel" means "good news." It is the message about Christ, the kingdom of God and salvation. Use the following guide to share the good news with someone.
1. God rules. The Bible tells us God created everything, including you and me, and He is in charge of everything. (Genesis 1:1, Revelation 4:11, Colossians 1:16-17)
2. We sinned. Since the time of Adam and Eve, everyone has chosen to disobey God. (Romans 3:23) The Bible calls this sin. Because God is holy, God cannot be around sin. Sin separates us from God and deserves God’s punishment of death. (Romans 6:23)
3. God provided. God sent His Son Jesus, the perfect solution to our sin problem, to rescue us from the punishment we deserve, it’s something we, as sinners, could never earn on our own. Jesus alone saves us. (John 3:16, Ephesians 2:8-9)
4. Jesus gives. Jesus lived a perfect life, died on the cross for our sins, and rose again. Because Jesus gave up His life for us, we can be welcomed into God’s family for eternity. This is the best gift ever! (Romans 5:8, 2 Corinthians 5:21, 1 Peter 3:18)
5. We respond. We can respond to Jesus. The ABCs of Becoming a Christian is a simple tool that helps us remember how to respond when prompted by the Holy Spirit to receive the gift Jesus offers.
ABCs of Salvation
C-Confess your faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord. (Romans 10:9-10, 13)